Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Survey


I have borrowed this 'Christmas List' idea from Bugs and Boys

1. Does your family send Christmas cards?Every year so far. I buy them when they are dirt cheap after Christmas the previous year. Sometimes I get sucked in by a good one and pay full price.

2. How soon do you start shopping?:Even though I am not a huge fan of crowds, I am also not one to start super early. A lot of the time it takes me almost until Christmas to figure out what to get everyone! AND if I shopped early, everyone would get their gifts the next day!

3. Who do you shop for?:Everyone that I can. I'd give every person something if I could, so I do what I can.

4. Do you put up a Christmas tree?:This year was the earliest that we (since being married 3yrs ago) have put a tree up. We went and hiked out, picked out and cut down (legally) our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This is the first year for a real and full sized tree and the last year we will be able to have one that is not baby-proofed!

5. If so, is it fake or real?:Real! See #4. I love real trees!

6. Do you like tinsel?:It's fun to play with...in the store.

7. Do you use homemade or store bought ornaments?:Mainly store bought ones. I refuse to go and spend a bunch of money to have a beautiful tree with brand new story-less ornaments. So instead we buy one or two each year either somewhere we have traveled or lived. So far we have ornaments from Boston, NY, Hawaii, Alaska....I think its more fun that way and there is a story with each one!

8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?:Not yet. This is the first year that we have lived in a house that was not set in sub-zero temperatures in the winter! This is also only our 2nd actual house. Time will tell.

9. Do you put lights on the tree?:I couldn't imagine it any other way!

10. How about popcorn and cranberries?:Not since girlscout days! Although I am sure that Bella would much rather eat those than sniff and lick the pine branches!

11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?:Door? How about EVERY door =0)


NUMBER 12??

13. Do you hang up your stocking?:Yes...one for each of us....and Lord willing there will be a third added to the mantel!

14. Does your family read "Twas the night before Christmas?":Nope but we read the Christmas story in the Bible.

15. Christmas Movie?:Hmm....I like the classics and I can enjoy a Hallmark or ABC Family Christmas movie here and there as long as they get what Christmas is about. (I'm still trying to understand how the Harry Potter movie series fits in with ABC Family's Christmas lineup!)

16. Character from any Christmas Movie:Snoopy!

17. Christmas Song: I'm not entirely sure if it is a Christmas song or not but I only seem to hear it at Christmas time. It's called "A Strange Way to Save the World." I of course love "O Holy Night," partly because it is a beautiful song and partly because it was my grandma's favorite and we always loved to sing it together every year!

18. Christmas Memory: The first one that pops into my head is the Christmas after we were engaged. We had gotten engaged in November and Christmas was the first time we saw each other after that.

19. Give or Receive?:I love to give but I love to receive from my husband only because I love to see what he comes up with!


WHAT HAPPENED TO 20 & 21??

22. Ham or Turkey?:Not really sure how to answer this. We have traveled on Christmas for the past few years so we typically miss whatever our families are having! But this year we will be in one spot on Christmas....I'll let you know...


AND 23? WHO WROTE THIS THING???

24. White Lights or Colored Lights?: Multi-colored ornaments = White lights; Monochromatic ornaments= Colored lights. Yes, we have done it both ways.

25. Blinking Lights or Still Lights:Typically non-blinking....too distracting!

26. Were you Naughty or Nice this year?:Depends on who you ask.

27. What do you want for Christmas this year?:NO MORE ALL DAY SICKNESS!

28. When do you open your gifts?:Usually one gift on Christmas eve after church and then the rest in the morning. As kids we were always allowed to open our stockings so my parents could sleep a little longer or in most cases my mom could get home from work! LOL

29. What's the best gift you've ever gotten?:Hmm....probably another Christmas with my husband and family.

30. What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?:Probably something from my Grandmother who didn't like me (not the one I sang O Holy Night with btw). She would typically give me the same thing she gave my baby cousins...baby dolls are not so exciting at 16. And then there were those years where she would give me a calendar from her purse from that current year that she HAD BEEN USING! I would say it was the thought that counted but it didn't seem like there was a good one there! LOL

31. Who gives you the most gifts?:Definitely my husband!

32. Have you ever had a secret Santa?:Sure have! And I have been one too.

33. Do you like wrapping gifts?:Most of the time unless they are HUGE.

34. Do you put change in those red buckets?:Not in awhile

35. Do you burn a yule log?:Sure don't. I thought that required a fireplace? This is the first time we have lived somewhere that has one so ...

36. Can you name all the reindeer?:And the purpose would be?

37. Do you bake cookies?:Sure do!

38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Claus?:No.

39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?:Hmm...not sure I have ever had it around since being married...

41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?:Can't say that it is a tradition. Our first Christmas in Alaska the power went out and we went out and drove around to see how far it was out and in the process saw the few lights that were still on at midnight on Christmas eve.

42. Have you ever left Santa cookies?:As a kid yes.

43. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap?:About the same age that I put cookies out...

44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with?:My husband and his family.

45. Where do you celebrate Christmas?:It's been different every year. This year we will be at my sister in laws house

46. Have you ever had a white Christmas?:I can't ever remember not having one.

47. What part of Christmas do you look most forward to?:Time with my family and Christmas Eve service at church.

48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?:I'm sure when I was leaving cookies and sitting on his lap...

49. Does your family always take pictures at Christmas?: When we have been with them yes.

50. Have you ever heard the song "Thank God For The Kids"?:Can't say that I ever have.

No comments: