Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 13. Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.

That's a hard one because in some respects I could make a long list and then there are those verses about God making me the way that I am and knowing me in my mother's womb. There are also verses about God using everything for good and knowing what is best for me so all of that makes me wonder what I SHOULD change about myself since He has made me just the way that I am apart from free will and all that...

But then there are my thoughts...

~ I wish I was thinner... (but I am 30lbs thinner than I was before having a baby).
~ I wish I looked different...(but my husband thinks I am beautiful & our son looks at me like there is no one he would rather stare at).
~ I wish I picked a different career/job... (but I wouldn't be able to spend the time that I do with our baby boy).
~ I wish I was more popular... (but then I might not notice the kids/people on the fringe that many popular people don't).
~ I wish all of the people I care about were within visiting distance without requiring a plane ride or long drive...( but then I might not be appreciative of the time I do get to spend with them & might not make our time more quality based).

So you see, I'm just not sure how to REALLY answer that question because I know in the end, God is working (VERY HARD- not due to His inability but my knuckle-headedness) to make me more like Jesus every day and that can't be a bad thing. I know that it doesn't mean that I get to kick back and do nothing. Instead I do need to realize that there are lots of things to work on but to remember why I want to change something before I go and grab the proverbial hammer and start tearing down the walls of my heart and mind. Although sometimes it seems like it could be a good idea....

No comments: