Wednesday, February 9, 2011

He's done it again!

Babies are pretty amazing.
They come out all new and fresh.
Everything is new for the first time.
I couldn't imagine what it would be like to see everything for the first time as if you were visiting from another time or planet.

I love to watch H play.
He has some pretty repetitive things that he does and sometimes not.
One of the repetitive things that he does is roll all around the living room.
A lot of times he plops over with a toy still in his hand and begins to roll.
He only gets so far because he never lets go of the toy.
Most of the time his right arm gets pinned behind him to the point where we think he will dislocate his shoulder.
(We figure if he doesn't figure out how to roll like "normal" people by kindgergarten then we will give him a tutorial.)

I got to thinking about it & ...

How often do we do the same thing?

We are trying to get somewhere and won't let go?
Something from the past or just simply (as the popular cliche goes) let go and let God. Because H doesn't let go of his toy it holds him back, keeps him from moving on to the next thing.

WOW!

Who said babies can't be educational? If ever there was a person, then they never met a baby!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Broken Dreams


As children bring their broken toys,

With tears for us to mend,

I brought my broken dreams to God,

Because He was my friend.


But then instead of leaving Him,

In peace to work alone,

I hung around and tried to help,

With ways that were my own.


At last I snatched them back and cried,

"How could you be so slow?"

"(Name)," He said,

"What could I do? You never did let go."
 
I used to have a little card with this on it that I carried with me everywhere as a reminder. What an awesome reminder of how God wants to fix us and our toys!

No comments: